With cigarette prices rising and smoking bans in public places, every cigarette matters. Make sure you know how to properly enjoy smoking a cigarette. Smoking cigarettes can have very serious consequences for your health, including cancer. But if you have weighed all the risks and decided to smoke a cigarette, you also need to know all the correct nuances of smoking. With the right brand, location and technique, you can get the most out of your cigarettes.
Selecting a cigarette
- Choose your favorite brand of cigarettes.Often a beginner smoker chooses light or super light cigarettes.This is recommended because the nicotine content is usually very low in these cigarettes. Once you realize that you really need to smoke cigarettes, try to enjoy smoking. The only way to find out which brand you like best is to try a variety. Experiment with this.
The taste is somewhat subjective. Therefore, you may have to try trial and error before you find a brand of cigarette that you really like.
- Consider menthol cigarettes.If you find regular cigarettes taste harsh, consider switching to menthol cigarettes. Menthol cigarettes contain a non-tobacco additive that produces a minty flavor when inhaled. Most major brands of cigarettes contain the menthol variety.
- If you don't like mint-flavored foods and drinks, you probably won't like menthol cigarettes. They have a very strong mint flavor.
- If you have smoked regular cigarettes in the past, you may not like menthol cigarettes. Many people who have acquired a taste for natural cigarettes strongly dislike mints.
- Smoke with carnation.Clove is a common spice used in cooking and baking. Cloves can be flavored with tobacco to create a flavorful cigarette.
- If you don't like the taste of menthol and regular cigarettes, cloves can be a good intermediate option. The added flavor can make them taste harsher than a regular cigarette. However, the taste is much milder than menthol.
- Cloves can be very strong, so be careful when smoking. Since they can make you look frivolous, don't smoke cloves while driving.
- Try flavored cigarettes. If you are looking for a special taste, there is a wide variety of flavored cigarettes on the market. Cigarettes come in many flavors like cherry, chocolate, orange, mango and so on. The flavor is pretty obvious. Cigarettes taste similar to the flavor on the label. Flavored cigarettes can be a good option if you don't like regular cigarettes, but also dislike cloves and menthol.
Light a cigarette
- Ram down a pack of cigarettes.Most brands of cigarettes benefit from good packing. Tamp the pack of cigarettes, this causes the tobacco in the cigarette to thicken, causing the cigarettes to burn more slowly and increase the flavor of the tobacco. Before opening the plastic wrap around your pack, flatten the pack of cigarettes and lower the pack with the filter side down to your palm and shake the cigarettes for 10-20 seconds.
- Turn the closed pack upside down so that the opening through which you should take out the cigarettes is facing down.
- Place your free palm.
- Hit the pack of cigarettes firmly in the palm of your hand three times.
- Rotate the bundle 180 degrees (still upside down).
- Repeat tamping to ensure that the cigarettes seal evenly at both ends of the pack.
- Know when NOT to shake. Some cigarettes are already filled with tobacco.
- Use a good lighter.Not only do the first cigarettes differ from the higher quality lighter, you will learn to love and appreciate your lighter if it is of a higher quality.
- Light a cigarette.Bring the filter end of the cigarette to your lips. Light your lighter and bring the flame just below the end of the cigarette. Pull deeply two or three times while the flame is still touching the end of the cigarette to properly ignite. Do this until the entire end of the cigarette is on and off. You can rotate the cigarette when you light it if it does not burn evenly.
Smoking a cigarette
- Cigarette smoke.When you smoke, be sure that you are not in a rush, that you will not be disturbed, and that you are either alone or with people you like. This will allow you to enjoy your smoking time much more, especially if you have smoking friends.
- Breathe a cigarette. Bringing the cigarette to her lips, she should not miss her teeth. Bring the lit cigarette to your lips, then gently suck in the smoke, continuing to inhale it evenly into your lungs, hold the smoke there for a second, then inhale normally through your mouth, drawing air into your lungs. It also helps reduce mouth cancer. For the initial stage, shallow puffs should be taken, as a deep breath can cause a cough.
- When inhaling, do not hold the smoke in your mouth and exhale quickly.
- Some people recommend that you slightly moisten your lips with your tongue before bringing the cigarette to your mouth to prevent the cigarette from sticking to your lips.
- Breathe out the smoke. After inhaling, leave the smoke in the lungs for a short time, then exhale. Inhale as usual for lung volume, wait a little, then exhale. To check if you smoke properly and if the smoke gets into your lungs, exhale through your nose. Take a inhale and if the smoke does not come out of the nose, it remains in your mouth.
- Extinguish correctly.Once you've finished, don't let the fire touch the filter. Filter fumes are terrible to smell and taste.The cigarette should be in the ashtray whenever it almost reaches the filter. Remember to shake off your cigarette. Shake the cigarette in the ashtray if there is ash. There is no exact length at which to shake a cigarette into an ashtray, so keep an eye on the cigarette.
- Lightly tap the cigarette with your index finger to shake off the ash from the end, do this over the ashtray.
- Do not brush ashes on the floor, you may accidentally burn your clothes or leave permanent stains on your clothes.
- Put out the cigarette.Once you have smoked a cigarette, extinguish it in the ashtray. Going out into the street, after smoking, put out a good cigarette and throw it into the trash can. A fire can easily start from an unextinguished and improperly thrown cigarette butt. There are several ways to extinguish cigarettes:
- You can put out a cigarette by pressing it against a flat surface until it stops burning.
- You can knock your cigarette on the ashtray several times until it goes out.
- You can also drop your cigarette butt to the ground and stomp out the flames with your boot. Remember this will leave a black mark on the pavement. Pick up the cigarette butt and throw it in the trash.
- If you do not have an ashtray and do not want to leave large marks on the asphalt, extinguishing it with your boot, then you can drop the light. That is, you need to click on the cigarette so that its burning part falls off. Extinguishing a light that has fallen off will leave a smaller spot. Don't forget to throw your cigarette butt into the trash.
- Hold your cigarette correctly.Hold the cigarette between your index and middle finger somewhere on the filter. How exactly to hold it depends on what is comfortable for you.Be careful with the lit end of your cigarette when you hold it. You might accidentally burn someone.
- Don't gesture with your cigarette.If you have to point to something during a conversation, you use your other hand. The hand holding the cigarette should be relatively motionless, except when you bring the cigarette to your lips.
- Ask before lighting a cigarette when visiting.If you are visiting or in the car, do not light a cigarette without asking. If someone doesn’t want you to smoke in their home, be respectful.
- Control yourself.Do not throw cigarettes in the trash cans without extinguishing them completely, as this could result in a fire. Don't mindlessly throw cigarettes on the ground. Don't litter. The cigarette should be extinguished in an ashtray or on a hard surface and then discarded. Tips:
- Never smoke too many cigarettes at once, as this can cause nausea and sore throat.
- Cigarette smoking is expensive, so limit yourself to a certain number of cigarettes per day. Don't waste all your money on them!
- Try different brands and varieties of cigarettes to find what you like best.
- We recommend switching to electronic cigarettes.
- Check smoking legislation.
- Don't litter! Always dispose of cigarette butts properly.
- You can carry a pocket ashtray with you if you often find yourself in a situation where you cannot find a place to throw your cigarette butts away.
- Carry mint-scented hand lotions or use mint body deodorants to mask the smell of cigarettes from people who don't like it.
- Smoking is very dangerous and harmful to almost every organ.
- Smoking and secondhand smoke during pregnancy has a negative effect on the development of the embryo, which leads to an increased risk of miscarriage. It also increases the likelihood of premature birth, birth defects, sudden infant death syndrome.
- Second hand smoke can also cause cancer, so try not to smoke near people who don't want to be exposed to the toxins from your smoking.
- Try not to expose children to secondhand smoke, as they may not have sufficient knowledge to independently guess how to get out of the smoke zone.
- Nicotine is addictive, once smoking becomes a habit it becomes very difficult to quit.
- Nicotine overdose can cause sore throat, headache and nausea. If you're new to smoking, don't smoke too much in one go.
- Nicotine overdose can lead to poisoning with abdominal pain, difficulty breathing, vomiting, headache, confusion, and loss of consciousness. Call an ambulance immediately if you suspect a person has nicotine poisoning.
- The smell of cigarette smoke tends to permeate clothes, hair, and your breath.
- Always discard your cigarette butts responsibly. An unextinguished cigarette butt can cause a fire.