The addiction brings enormous harm to the body in the form of serious diseases,unpleasant odor from the mouth, yellowish skin, increased fatigue. The health of passive smokers undergoes even more. The conclusion suggests itself: you must quit smoking so as not to poison your life for yourself and those who are nearby. Many smoking men and women ask themselves the question, is it possible to say goodbye to a bad habit on your own, easily and simply? You can, adhering to a few simple rules. But simply or easily, it will depend on you personally.
A little about a bad habit
Nicotine has a negative effect on human health. Smokers may experience ailments of the heart and blood vessels, stomach and intestines, bronchi and lungs. A dangerous hobby provokes the onset of oncological diseases much more often than in non-smoking patients. In men, these are problems with potency, in women - infertility. Newlyweds who smoke create an unhealthy foundation for the development of future children.
The cigarette is a real poison that slowly kills a nation's health.
Getting rid of nicotine addiction on our own
Make an unwavering and important decision first about quitting smoking. Next:
- Eliminate the first companions of cigarettes - coffee and alcohol from the established diet. Consume compotes and juices, jelly and tea.
- Postpone meetings with smoking buddies for at least a month.
- If you are tormented by the urge to smoke, then drink a glass of plain water, eat an apple, mint candy, chew gum.
- Avoid for the time of those situations and places where you smoked most often: clubs, entertainment venues, lunch breaks at work, trips with friends to nature.
- Eliminate habits that might remind you of smoking from life: lighters and ashtrays, pipes and souvenir cigarette holders.
- You shouldn't keep a pack of cigarettes at home “just in case”. One must get rid of such immediately, so that the temptation does not torment.
- Save money every day that you would expect to spend on cigarettes. With the collected amount, buy yourself a pleasant thing that you have long dreamed of.
- Go in for physical activity or shaping, fitness, visit the pool. Increase sports loads gradually.
- Spend a lot of time outdoors, walking in parks, near water bodies.
- Take bike rides. In your free time, listen to good music, watch interesting movies, read and re-read exciting books.
- Find an activity for yourself that can distract you from obsessive thoughts and desires. For example, women can do sewing, embroidery, knitting; men - woodwork.
- Cultivate both strength and will in your character. These qualities will help you stay on your target halfway through.
- Think about the pleasant changes that will occur to you over time, after breaking up the "relationship" with the cigarette. These include: excellent health and a fresh complexion, thick hair and white teeth, an athletic figure and well-groomed appearance, erudition and intelligence, healthy children and a good mood.
Popular recommendations for yesterday's smokers
Herbalists also have a ton of helpful tips. Their recipes will help facilitate the process of parting with a cigarette:
- Grind the oats. Pour three teaspoons of the product with a glass of boiled water. Place on low heat for five minutes. Insist for an hour. Strain and take the infusion three times a day before a meal, one third of a glass for thirty days.
- Eat a few drops of fish oil with bread for a month.
- Brew one teaspoon of Indian or Ceylon loose tea with two cups of boiled water. Add nettle leaves, peppermint, fragrant rue, chicory roots in half a teaspoon to the tea leaves. Leave the tea for 10 minutes. After filtering, consume half a glass two or three times during the day.
- Pour two teaspoons of eucalyptus leaves with a glass of boiled water. Leave to infuse for one hour. Strain the infusion and add honey with glycerin to it, a tablespoon of each component. Drink this infusion for a month 4 times a day for 1/2 cup.
If you use traditional medicine recipes, you can quit smoking on your own.