It's no secret that smoking is an addictive addiction. People who smoke are more prone to neuroses, as well as cardiovascular diseases. In addition, they endanger the people around them, in particular, their household members, and the environment. One of the best ways to break this habit is with smoking pills.
The desire to quit smoking forces a person to go all the way: traditional medicine, hypnosis. However, all this may simply not help, and hypnosis is not a joke at all. Some have switched to electronic vaping, which causes no less harm to the body. The risk of smoking low quality electronic steam generators has not been canceled. In addition, the devices exploded repeatedly and injured people.
Types of smoking cessation pills
All medicines that help smoking are divided into several groups:
- Nicotine substitutes;
It is difficult to single out the effectiveness of any type of funds. Each organism is individual, so this or that medication will do. Here, the motivation to quit smoking is important, and only it contributes to taking medication.
Cytisine belongs to the class of alkaloids and is similar to nicotine. Based on this, this medication is an excellent alternative to help you quit smoking. If a person taking Cytisine tries a cigarette, they will develop nausea, reminiscent of a nicotine overdose.
Every day the product will accumulate and the effect of disgust will manifest itself with greater force. The smoker will gradually reduce the number of cigarettes smoked and subsequently abandon them altogether. Cytisine replaces smoking, as similar substitute substances enter the body. Thanks to this, the smoker does not suffer from a lack of them.
Citizine pills for smoking are contraindicated in pregnancy and lactation.
Possible side effects that may appear:
- dry mouth, problems with stool;
- nervousness, insomnia, pain in the head;
- increased heart rate;
- sudden weight loss;
- increase in blood pressure.
An important plus: this tool has a low cost, therefore it is available to many. Cytisine is available at almost any pharmacy.
Nicotine-containing drug does not differ in its principle of action from the previous drug: substances analogous to nicotine enter the body and help to quit smoking without suffering. If this tool is used regularly, then it works quite effectively.
Side effects of an overdose of smoking pills may appear as:
- paralysis of the respiratory organs;
Tranquilizer group remedies
Tranquilizers are the most effective remedies for depression and nicotine deficiency. These drugs cannot replace this substance in the body, therefore these medicines will only help for a while.
- Antidepressant drugs that affect the brain. Quitting smoking after taking the drug feels euphoric. This is due to the dopamine being produced. The medicine is perfect for people who smoke more than 10 cigarettes a day. After all, the harm from nicotine is very destructive for the human body. The prices are relatively high, so this is the main drawback of the medication. The remedy can only be prescribed by a doctor and is available with a prescription. An antidepressant can be addictive.
- Tetramethyltetraazabicyclooctanedione. An anti-smoking drug that is quickly absorbed by the human body. The effect of taking the pill will manifest itself in half an hour and lasts for 4 hours. It is excreted in the urine, like all drugs of the antidepressant group. The action manifests itself in relieving stress, fear, depression. The medication does not cause drowsiness, performance is maintained, sleep is normalized. This antidepressant does not cause side symptoms, only in case of individual intolerance to the substances in the composition.
Before drug treatment with Tetramethyltetraazabicyclooctanedione, you should read the rules for taking the drug. After all, an overdose can occur:
- gastrointestinal disorder;
- lowering blood pressure;
- decrease in body temperature.
Important! Scientists have proven that a smoker has a 50% higher risk of losing his life than a Russian roulette player.
Medicines with disgusting properties
Varenicline is the most effective smoking cessation agent. The action of the drug consists in the effect of varenicline on the brain, which prevents the desire to smoke. The creators of this medication received a significant award in the field of medicine. Thanks to Varenicline, a large number of quitters were able to quit smoking, many of whom had smoked for many years.
The drug should not be used if you have:
- allergy to substances in the preparation;
- kidney disease;
- under 18 years old;
- pregnancy and lactation period.
Side effects of smoking cessation drugs are difficult to isolate, as they can be confused with side effects of smoking cessation. A person may feel general weakness, become irritable, and gain weight.
Sedative containing oat extract. It has a beneficial effect on the nervous system, due to which the craving for smoking decreases. The advantage lies in the gradual withdrawal from nicotine.
The medication does not harm the human body, but on the contrary helps to improve the condition of the respiratory organs, liver and gastrointestinal tract. This medicine contains glycine. It does not have a negative effect, because this substance is found in human tissues, the brain and spinal cord. This substance is a participant in the metabolic process. Plus, glycine helps relieve stress. The content of puaeria (medicinal herb) has a positive effect on the brain.
The tandem of glycine and puaeria creates a highly effective sedative. Side symptoms are manifested in:
- heart palpitations.
The medication should not be taken during pregnancy and lactation. There was an individual intolerance to some drug substances.
Thai pills are also a smoking cessation. They contain many herbs that cause the effect of aversion to tobacco products. According to the manufacturers, the medication is of completely natural origin without contraindications. Produced in the form of small peas.
Even the best smoking cessation tools fail when the person is not motivated and willpower. Thanks to the pills, the result is only enhanced in the fight against the habit. In addition, the medicinal herbs in these products cleanse the body of accumulated toxins well.
Anxiety medications in case of nicotine withdrawal help a person to cope in a stressful situation with a bad mood and depression. These properties have a beneficial effect on the smoker and act in such a way that the person does not succumb to the great temptation to take up the cigarette again.
Fabomotizol is a sedative medication that promotes the proper functioning of the nervous system and eradicates addiction. The remedy does not depress the human body. Can be used in combination with other anti-smoking drugs.
After taking Fabomotizole, the patients improved their sleep and mood. This medication will not addictive, so it can be consumed immediately in the right dosage. As a disadvantage, it can be noted that if you stop taking this drug within 14 days, it is better not to start using another medication.
Fabomotizol can cause:
- severe headache;
- increased libido;
- nausea, vomiting.
The drug should not be taken during pregnancy and lactation, with individual intolerance to the substances in the composition. It is not recommended to take anti-smoking medication under the age of 18. At this age, nicotine addiction has not yet been formed and you can quit smoking thanks to your own willpower.
Glycine is a sedative that can help relieve stress and improve performance. As an auxiliary drug, it gently affects the body of a smoker. Good for heavy smokers. For people with a long history of smoking, Glycine will not help. Disadvantage: when taken in combination, glycine reduces the effect of strong anti-smoking agents. For the body to recover from the effects of nicotine, you should take vitamins that your doctor prescribes.
Important! More than 50% of children suffer from secondhand smoke. Due to the negligence of adults, they can get serious illnesses!
Changes in the body after quitting smoking. To quit a bad nicotine habit, do not rely only on the miraculous effect of pills. A person himself must really want to quit smoking and firmly go towards his goal and not jump off at critical moments. The body will gradually wean itself, but in the process of a fierce struggle, you can completely overcome this ailment.
- After 12 hours of smoking cessation, restoration of the respiratory system will begin;
- Smoker's cough will gradually decrease;
- The cells will be saturated with oxygen;
- At first, a person will feel the wildest discomfort due to cleansing the body of toxins;
- Bad breath will disappear in a week;
- On day 21, the body is almost completely free of harmful accumulated substances;
- In a couple of days, the cough will overtake again, but thanks to it, the toxins accumulated over the years will leave the human body;
- Excessive sweating will occur, as additional harmful substances are removed;
- The gastrointestinal tract restoration process will start;
- The brain will receive enough blood and oxygen, so blood pressure may rise. It is important to be outdoors more;
- Smell and taste will sharpen and your appetite will increase.
Every quit-smoking person has felt all this without exception.