The words "cigarette" and "health" are incompatible with each other, and the consequences can be the most irreversible, and a person at any age should know about the dangers of smoking. Nicotine is a powerful toxin that gradually destroys the cells of the bronchopulmonary system, and then the whole body. Therefore, realizing the colossal harm of smoking, it is important to finally get rid of this destructive addiction, to take a number of preventive measures for the final removal of toxic substances.
What is smoking
This bad habit is a global problem of our time, because every year it is rapidly "getting younger". The number of smoking men is constantly growing, and the female body is often characterized by such a deadly addiction. Tobacco smoking is equated with alcohol addiction, since in both cases a person can die from deadly diseases. In recent years, many people have realized this problem and quit smoking, but the younger generation is still eager to "try everything".
How many harmful substances are in a cigarette
Useful information to note for heavy smokers: one cigarette contains about 4, 000 chemical compounds, 40 of which are poisons that are hazardous to health. These are carbon dioxide, arsenic, nicotine, cyanide, benzapyrene, formaldehyde, carbon monoxide, hydrocyanic acid. After arbitrary inhalation of tobacco smoke (this applies to the health of passive smokers), pathological processes also predominate in the body, which provoke such radioactive substances as polonium, lead, bismuth. This chemical composition just provides the harm of tobacco.
What is harmful smoking
The chemicals contained in cigarettes can be lethal to humans if they enter the body for a long time. Thousands of people die every year from destructive addiction at a relatively young age, and even more are prone to chronic cough, bronchitis, obstructive pulmonary disease and other diseases with unforeseen clinical outcomes. Therefore, it is important to treat tobacco dependence and the consequences of its prevalence in a person's life in a timely manner.
The harm of smoking on the human body
During a period of prolonged exposure to nicotine, all internal organs and systems suffer, since in smokers the blood is enriched not with oxygen, but with toxic substances. This pathological condition favors atherosclerosis, becoming the main cause of most cardiovascular diseases. However, health problems do not end there, the presence of addictions contribute to a decrease in intellectual abilities and not only.
The first step is to note that nicotine can adversely affect the potency of the stronger sex. Men who smoke for a long time do everything to face erectile dysfunction before the age of 40. For a full life and an active representative of the stronger sex, this is a tragedy, so you should not bring your own body to the appearance of these pathologies. In addition to heart disease, health problems can include:
- Chronical bronchitis;
- oxygen starvation of tissues (hypoxia);
- progressive retinal dystrophy;
- decreased visual acuity, hearing;
- deterioration in the appearance and structure of the skin;
- exacerbation of nervous diseases;
- chronic cough;
- gradual yellowing, destruction of tooth enamel;
- malignant tumors.
These pathologies are partially characteristic of the female body, if the fairer sex smokes. Nicotine in high concentration causes a chronic form of bronchitis, emphysema, does not exclude the presence of diagnosed infertility. Smoking kills gradually, but at first it turns a woman into an invalid. If we talk about diseases of the respiratory tract, nicotine is not limited to such a pathological process. Cigarettes harm the body on a large scale, and here are the clinical pictures that take place:
- nicotine contributes to miscarriage in early pregnancy;
- the presence of a lingering cough of a smoker becomes the norm of everyday life;
- smoking increases the risk of myocardial infarction, stroke of cerebral vessels;
- negative effects extend to the skin, contribute to its aging;
- there is a change in the timbre of the voice, constantly worried about dry cough;
- smoking can result in lung cancer;
- nicotine can cause deep depression;
- smoking causes mental disorders prone to relapse;
- the vessels of the stomach under the influence of nicotine pathologically narrow, peristalsis is disturbed;
- Cigarettes cause serious damage to the structure of nails, hair, teeth.
For the child's body
Teenagers also "dabble in cigarettes", not understanding how they may suffer from the negative effects of nicotine in the future. Smoking increases the risk of developing chronic diseases, and the consequences for health can be the most irreparable - death from lung cancer at a relatively young age. Drinking alcohol and smoking causes the following pathologies in adolescents:
- a cigarette reduces intellectual abilities, significantly inhibits psychomotor functions;
- the consequences of cigarette smoking for a student are accompanied by a risk of diseases of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems;
- the harm of cigarettes becomes the main cause of cancer, the formation of tumors not only in the bronchopulmonary system;
- if a teenager gets addicted to such a drug, the consequences affect the physical and mental state;
- bad habits disrupt metabolism, increase body weight, contribute to the development of obesity.
Diseases from smoking
Realizing how smoking affects the human body, it is important to know all the existing diagnoses that a smoker may face personally at a young age. Less, but also noticeable harm from smoking hookah. If a person constantly smokes, he must understand that the following chronic diseases with the most unexpected clinical outcome can overtake him:
- Chronical bronchitis;
- emphysema of the lung;
- malignant tumor of the lung;
- vascular atherosclerosis;
- myocardial infarction;
- obliterating endarteritis;
- impotence and frigidity;
- pulmonary thromboembolism;
- congenital deformities of the child;
- extensive pathologies of the digestive tract;
- diagnosed infertility;
Smoking is harmful to health, and colossal. Nicotine with prolonged exposure provokes cell mutation, promotes the formation of malignant neoplasms. The problem is exacerbated by the genetic predisposition to such pathologies. Oncology ends in death, and a person can die at a young age. The disease brings physical torment and mental suffering, and the pathological process cannot always be stopped. Therefore, it is important to explain to the child at an early age why smoking is harmful.
The harm of smoking to others
Giving up bad habits is not only good for your health, but also good for others. The harm from smoking cigarettes is felt by bystanders and close relatives who have to regularly contact a heavy smoker. Nicotine in tobacco smoke causes an increase in heart rate, irregular heartbeat, coughing, and even severe asthma attacks. When faced with passive smoking, here are some things to be especially wary of:
- risk of spontaneous miscarriage (for smoking pregnant women);
- reduced fertility;
- depressive state;
- redness, eye irritation;
- dry throat, perspiration;
- bouts of coughing, suffocation;
- decline in performance.
The harm of smoking is obvious already after the first cigarette, as a sore throat, an unpleasant odor, and dryness of the mucous membranes appear in the throat. This is just the beginning, in the future changes in the body can become irreversible. Here's what heavy smokers should be especially wary of:
- increase in the concentration of fatty acids and cholesterol in the blood;
- increased risk of sudden death;
- development of cardiac ischemia in women;
- increased risk of atherosclerosis.
Statistics report that up to 3, 000 people of all ages die from passive smoking every year. If a child has smoking parents, then about 2, 700 newborns and children of the first year of life die from sudden death syndrome. From extensive pathologies of the myocardium and the cardiovascular system, up to 62, 000 people die annually. The collected facts are not comforting, therefore, before lighting another cigarette, it is important to always remember such shocking statistics.